Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to some of the most incredible women I know!
Today--Mother Nature treated us folks in the pacific Northwest with a little vitamin D. Believe me it's was very much appreciated

 So I have been blessed by amazing women in my life, but no one compares to my MOM and Grandma! NO ONE! I know many of us are blessed to fight for the Title: My Mom  is the best! But my mom is perfect. Yep, I said perfect. She's perfect because even in her shortcomings (I've yet to find any, but she's human)...she's the PERFECT mom for ME. God knew exactly what He was doing when He blessed me with her. She's my rock, my sounding board, my cheerleader, my friend, my punching bag, my advice-giver, my listener, my "calm down Sydney"...she's my everything! And while we have ups and downs...She is the perfect mom for me.
 And the women who paved the way for my mom...is my grandma or as I used to call her Mom-mom. I'm beyond blessed to spend the day outside in the sun chasing after my girls while sipping lemonade with my mom and mommom. I know it's a blessing and I'm trying my hardest to not take it for granted!
 I just love that at 84 years old...my grandma thought taking a "selfie" was super fun!
You know it was a good Mother's day when you get to hug your moms neck, grandma's neck, and return home with two worn out kiddos!

Like I said before I know I'm blessed. And while my mom and grandma are my favorites (and rightfully so) there are so many women old and young...in state and out of state...raising toddlers and welcoming grandkids that have impacted my view on motherhood. Some of you help keep me sane during this crazy ride we call mommy hood while others impacted my life years before I had my own little ones that call me mommy.

I love you all! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: