Thursday, November 7, 2013

There's a Time to DANCE

Let's face it life can just get in the way of, well, life. We get too busy. We commit to too much. We say "yes." We say "no." And at times we can look back and realize we didn't take time to DANCE. Now I don't mean literally. But I must admit...I love to bust a move even if I do have two left feet. I mean that sometimes we don't take time to breathe and enjoy life.

Whether its work or kids or school, we can just forget to take time to revel in what makes our heart happy.
Ok, so you're probably wondering where is this coming from? Sydney dance? What's going on? Well, there were two triggers for this post.

The first is an amazing article from the Huffington Post. I'll let you check it out here on your own, but seriously can you imagine being part of that dance party!!! And HELLO that girl can move!!! I only hope I can have her attitude when facing an uncertain time. Shoot, I hope I have that attitude on a day to day basis.

The second trigger to writing this post...

(the energy and passion from my friends Lindsay and Kristine when I took this was contagious...so fun!)

 Dancing! About a year ago when I moved here I was on the hunt for a local gym. When we finally joined one, I, of course, had to check out all the classes offered. That's when I found Rizzmic. And the rest is history. I really love this class and the ladies that teach it each week. Their energy is contagious and I secretly want to be like them when I grow up :)
But in all seriousness...this class ignited my love to work out again. I attribute much of my weight loss and desire to live a healthier lifestyle to shaking it on the dance floor.
(this picture was last month at the Rizzmic Halloween event. We were Rizzmic fanatics)

 It lets me be silly and pretend I can really move like the talented ladies teaching the moves. And besides the health aspect, I've made and built friendships with some lovely girls through going to this class together. Who doesn't love to laugh at themselves every now and then...and with friends, that's icing on the cake.

So friends, don't wait until you've got perfect technique or the best moves...get out and DANCE. For me, dancing is literal,but not because I want to win the next season of So You Think You Can Dance, but because it sparked my love of feeling good. Yes,Rizzmic is my favorite workout class right now,but I"m starting to enjoy running (enjoy may be a stretch). And have a goal of running a half marathon. What?!?!?!

I have no excuse not to. So I'm choosing to dance! It's not always easy (ok, I really hate running) but it's fun. Set a goal and go!
 The munchkins are both in dance and oh how it makes my heart happy to see them explore their passions.
 Look at that smile!
They love to learn new moves and show us their talent. So, what are we waiting for? Dust off those tutus and dance! Wouldn't it be awesome if we all smiled like this because we were happy. Sincerely happy and doing what we love to do. And maybe some of us haven't found exactly what makes us beam...so lets explore what's out there. Maybe its a local art class, or a call to the nearest travel agent, reconnecting with an old friend or new friend.
Dream! And dream big. 

This was captured at a wedding my hubs and I went to this summer...I just love him. I'm thankful we took time to dance. Literally, but I'm thankful we take time just to enjoy each other too.
So, by now it's obvious to me, that the triggers that tugged at my heart to sit down and write were a reminder to ME to dance. yes, I'm going to Rizzmic tonight and will sweat, shake it and laugh with friends, BUT where else in my life can I seize the moment if you will.
So in the meantime, our house will be dancing. Come on over and prance around the living room and family room with the girls and I..we've got moves like Jagger :)

In a day and age of trying to get to the top and being the best ourselves...lets take time to encourage those around us to be the best! And even during the uncertain times, like the women video above, DANCE.

"Let them praise His name with the dance..." Psalm 149:3

"A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn; and a time to DANCE." Ecclesiastes 3:4

No comments: