Thursday, November 21, 2013

Go Team

"Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up." Proverbs 12:25

If you know me at all, then you know I was NEVER a cheerleader (at least not the type with pom poms and cute hair). My coordination and height nipped that opportunity in the bud. But during a recent "ah-ha" moment with the ladies of my Bible study we were talking about dreams, what excites us.

Well, I love to write (hence why you're seeing more of me on this blog), but when I really sat down to think about it I realized I get a major high on watching people's visions/dreams become reality. Is that weird? I don't know, but if someone has a vision to start something new I LOVE to see it become reality. Big or small I get so excited. I remember when I was a reporter back in the day I enjoyed telling "feel good" stories not only because it was a positive in a very negative world, but it usually meant I was telling a story on a topic someone was passionate about or proud of. Whether it's some one's desire to further their career, start a new adventure, expand their family, explore a new hobby, visit a dream location...I get excited to hear their plans, their goals to get there, and then of course watching the dreams become reality. And when/if possible I love to help in anyway that I can. If that means i just encourage them along the way, then sign me up.

So you see...I AM A CHEERLEADER. I may not have pom poms or a cute little skirt, but I can encourage my fellow dreamers. Maybe I'm meant to be a motivational speaker?!?!

Right now, I bust out my "pom poms" for two little princesses that prance around my house and keep me on my toes and knees all at the same time. Stella's dream right now is to be The Tooth Fairy when she gets older, so we talk a lot about pixie dust and how she'll get into rooms to leave treats for other little toothless kiddos. Emme is entrenched in dance and princesses right now, so she wants all things magical. I just asked her what she wants to be when she grows up...her response, "Rapunzel, Tinkerbell, Brave, Tiana..."

Big dreamers here at the Yazwinski house! And since my dad is awesome and has an incredible bucket list we're ALL living a dream with him in January. He and my mom are taking us all to Disneyland in January. Wahoo!!! To say I'm excited is an understatement. 

Disneyland is one of my most favorite places and to experiment it with my girls while they're consumed with princesses will be beyond magical.

Ok, I feel like I'm rambling...so GO TEAM.

No comments: